Well here it is. Finally a blog in the month of October. Whether I truly believe it sometimes or not (depending on the day) time really is flying by.
So I'm glad this week is to an end...I really didn't do much sad to say, and so now I can just look forward to next week and hope it's better!
I've been thinking about a lot of things..A LOT =) and the word I think about the most is: SIMPLIFY. Before I always liked it and strived to be better at it, and now I am actually living it in a way. Here I am, in a different country where we each only brought a suitcase and backpack.
We don't have a car, so we walk everywhere or take the bus or train. We don't have a mortgage anymore, and here's the shocking part...in a month, I have only gone shopping twice. TWICE. I'm sure some of you are shocked. I've bought a jacket, and two pairs of dress pants for work.
Ok, so what is my point. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I now realize that I CAN live more simply and should. Not just because I am here in this country and situation, but even if I was home right now, I need to remember what the important things are.
I am so thankful for my amazing family. They are so great. So if you are reading this, this is a shout out to you. I'm also so greatful for my friends and all of those who keep in touch. This weekend Bruce and I are going into the city to take some photos and be tourists for a few hours. I mean it this time, I will have photos.
One thing I do know for sure, is that no matter where you are in the world, the gospel is true. It's the same and constant and is a great comfort. That's my little bit of insight for the week.
I hope everyone has a good weekend, and week coming up!
* Meagan

3 comments:
Good to see a post! I appreciated your thoughts:)
Hey! can't wait to see more pictures! We love you guys and miss yo too! Thanks for your insights, its so true...
Meg, I just found your blog through your facebook page...yay for blogs!!! That is awesome that you are in London. I remember when you got married and your in-laws were all in town. I was working at the bowling alley (of course:) and I got to meet some of them. You sound happy and I hope that everything is going well for you and your husband!! take care and keep in touch
loves
Post a Comment