Sunday, October 26, 2008

A little bit Country..........A little bit Rock and Roll




The title says it all. On Wednesday Bruce and I went for a drive and we saw a lot of the English Countryside. It was absolutely gorgeous.
Wait a minute, let me just back up for a second.
Anyway, to start off, the last few weeks have been kind of crazy and frustrating, and all that jazz (hey what can you expect when you move to a new country right!) and so in my mind I'm feeling all of those emotions and as we drove through the countryside, I kind of felt peaceful...like "wait a minute I could live in this place!" Then when we were heading back to the city, the more Rock and Roll side of things, I was like "oh yeah - this is where I am living right now." It's like that country song (and no it's not Donny and Marie, even though those are their words..) that says 'You can take the girl out of the Country, but you can't take the country out of the girl.' Well that is me. I'm just a small town girl at heart and I don't think it will ever change.
Other than my heartfelt little story that I have just shared, England truly is a beautiful country, and I do feel very lucky to be here and experience the history and culture. This is something that I will never forget and can't wait to share with my own kids someday. Things are going good, really, and I am looking forward to what the next week has to bring!

1 comment:

Elise said...

Cool pictures! It looks beautiful! About making your blog look cool... it does! But you can find really cute backgrounds just online. I would search "blog backdrops" and then they each have instructions on how to add it to your blog.... i wish i could remember where i got mine from, but i bet any of your blogging friends would know more than me, i'm not so good ;). ANyway, keep up the good work, we miss you guys too!

Bruce, Meagan, and McLean