So on September 22nd it was officially the first day of 'autumn' here. Well really everywhere, but home it would be the first day of fall. Now if only the trees would get in gear and start showing their pretty colors, it would almost feel like 'autumn.' This is the time of year I love the most. I am definitely thinking about home a lot this time of year because I can only imagine what the mountains look like right now.
So the last week was quite an adventure let me tell you. I got a phone call early Tuesday about being a teacher's assistant for the rest of the week. It was a t a catholic school called Christ the King and I was to work with 3-4 year olds. It turned out to be a lot of fun, and very good experience. The best thing about children is that they love everyone no matter who they are or what they look like. It just reminds me that I need to be that way.
Everyday I am reminded of how many thousands (I guess I should say millions) of people live in this city. It's incredible. People from every walk of life, every background, and all congregated in this one place. I've learned to walk really fast, what side of the street/sidewalk/escalator/stairs to stand on, and to always have everything ready, like money and tickets etc. if you want to be helped.
The weather has been brilliant the last few days. There was a bit of rain in the middle of the week, but the weekends have been so beautiful. I can't believe that September is already almost over. Where does the time go. It's been a long month, but also such a fast one. To think Bruce and I just arrived here about a month ago. All in all, it was a good month. I'm looking forward to what the next few months bring!
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bruce, Meagan, and McLean

4 comments:
Meg, Kristen, John, Elise, and Mom and I have just read your latest. Keep up up! Dad
MEAGAN!I can't believe that you are in London! I can't wait to see all of your pictures! Love Ya Lots!
Oh my gosh I just love you. I love these posts. They are so fun to read. I want to see what life is like over there. And your teacher experience sounds awesome. now add us to your entourage.
Meg I didnt know you were moving to London! Is it a permanant move or what!! I wanna go there soo bad!!! CRAZY!! Ok well Mr Colby is on Facebook look him up!!!!!
Post a Comment