Wednesday, September 17, 2008

London Baby!


Well here it is FINALLY! I have now sat down and actually blogged for once since oh lets say...May! Talk about procrastination. Well now I really have a good excuse. Bruce and I are now in London. We arrived on the 4th of September with the overcast skies and rain welcoming us in. It took a day or two to get over the jet lag, and then it was off to conquer the public transport system.
I'm learning many new words, like 'hob', ''cool drink', 'crumpet' (well just to know what one really looks and tastes like), 'lollies', and 'que' just to name a few. If you are wondering what each of these "brilliant" (another word that is used SO often) words mean, well let me tell you. A hob is a stove. Cool drink refers to basically a cool drink, like soda or juice, or lemonade (which is actually sprite here, but that's another story) etc. A crumpet is actually very tasty and is kind of like an english muffin but softer and chewier...that's not a word. Lollies are sweets or candies, and que means to make a line, or line up. So if you are in the grocery store, you get in que to check out.
Bruce is working with a company he worked for when he previously lived in London, and I am impatiently waiting for my paperwork to go through so I can get a job. I know I've only been here about two weeks, but it's hard to wait. I want to feel productive!
I'm looking forward to exploring more of London, and taking plenty of pictures. Pictures will be posted soon!! I promise. The hardest part is the time difference, especially since my family and I have a 7 hour time difference between us. Other than that, I can't complain too much and I am just staying positive until I start working! Wish us luck. We'll keep you up to date!

4 comments:

Kevin and Jamie said...

I miss all those words, and everything else about England! I cant wait to see more posts of your exciting new home!!!

Aubrey said...

Fun! I went to London when I was 17 and I loved it! I'm looking forward to your pics and more lingo lessons! Love ya!

kel said...

i'm glad to hear you guys arrived safe and sound. indeed, we will all enjoy any updates!

good luck with the job process. i know what it's like to have to wait and it is frustrating - especially in a new place.

Elise said...

You blogged! YAY! I just barely noticed but i'm so happy, and London would be so awesome, i'm sure you guys are enjoying, but good luck starting work, John told me your teaching preschool, thats awesome! Anyway, I can't wait to see pictures, we miss and love you guys!
-Elise

Bruce, Meagan, and McLean