Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thursday Thoughts

I have really been looking forward to this week's "Thursday Thoughts" ever since Sunday.
I don't know how many of you got the chance to watch "One Voice" after the first session of conference on Sunday. Let me just tell you that it really touched my heart.

I LOVE conference weekend. I love to spend time with my family and listen to all of the amazing talks. After this conference, my heart was full, and of course I had a feeling of rejuvination and determination to be better and do better. I love that feeling and need to be reminded to strive for that feeling daily, and not every six months when conference is broadcasted.

Anyway, back to "One Voice." It was a documentary on the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. It showed their tour of the Midwest and talked about the volunteer work and what all goes in to making the choir the amazing thing it is!! I couldn't help but feel the spirit so strongly, and I truly have a testimony that music can touch lives, can strengthen testimonies, can convert many! The Mormon Tabernacle Choir is a testimony to that!!


"We get nearer to the Lord through music than perhaps through any other thing except prayer."
-- President J. Reuben Clark Jr., in Conference Report, Oct. 1936, 111


"Music is truly the universal language, and when it is excellently expressed how deeply it moves our souls."
-- President David O. McKay, in Conference Report, Apr. 1945, 119


"Inspiring music may fill the soul with heavenly thoughts, move one to righteous action, or speak peace to the soul."
-- President Ezra Taft Benson, Ensign, Nov. 1974, 67

Here's a link to the documentary: Enjoy!

BYUtv - One Voice

1 comment:

Romney Family said...

I didn't have the chance to watch that but I love music so much. It truely can help us feel the spirit so strong!! I love that it is such a big part of the church!!!

Bruce, Meagan, and McLean