Well our beautiful little guy is here. His name is McLean Porter van der Riet and he was born on November 24th, 2009. He weighed 6lbs. and was 18 inches long. He is perfect.
It has been a really rough road, but worth it. Last Monday I had a call from my doctor and she said that she would like me to go to the hospital in a few hours to get induced. I was freaking out. He wasn't due for two more weeks! Well we got there and after a day and a half of not dilating or anything, we went for the C-section. He was born at 9:21 p.m. or in Military time: 21:21.
It's a long story of why we had him so early, but I'll try to make it short. The whole pregnancy I had been so sick. At first I was like ok, morning sickness etc., but it just kept being that way the whole way through. We knew something was wrong, but couldn't figure out what it was. Well finally we found out that it is a parathyroid problem and I have high calcium. My body hyperabsorbs calcium, and that is what has been making me sick. It's actually a really rare thing, and there are about 200 + cases in literature. Basically it came down to the fact that we are so blessed and lucky to have this little guy with us. A lot of these cases ended up in early abortion or late miscarriage.
So the long road isn't over yet. I am going in for a CT scan this week and meeting with a surgeon. I will be having surgery to get the problem taken care of. So not only am I taking care of a newborn, I will also be recovering from another surgery.
I'm not complaining. I am so happy to finally know what has been making me so sick. I just want to get it fixed.
I am so blessed to have such a beautiful baby boy. It is all worth it to have him here. I am so thankful for my family and all of their help. I am especially thankful for my amazing husband Bruce who has been so great through all of this and so supportive. Man we made an amazing handsome gorgeous baby!!!! :)
Will keep everyone posted on how things are going. And put up more pics of our McLean.
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bruce, Meagan, and McLean

No comments:
Post a Comment