Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Double Agent: van der Riet

Sometimes I feel like I am living a double life because always in the back of my mind I am thinking about two time zones. The one we are in now, which is seven hours difference to the Mountain Time Zone, where my family and friends are. ( Man it can be exhausting at times :) )
I won't lie either when I say that I kind of wish I WAS living a double life, and could be in two places at one time. Here and Home.

On Sunday we had our Stake Conference. It took an hour to get there, and an hour to get home, plus add time to it all to make sure we get there on time etc. In total it was about six hours. Now don't get me wrong, I am not complaining at all. I mention it because it made me think of all of the saints in the past and now (the present) who have to travel quite a distance to get to church or go to the temple, or for example the pioneer children who sang as they "walked and walked and walked and walked." I am thankful for all of their examples.

Nothing too exciting has happened this week, but I have had the opportunity to be a supply teacher at two schools. I am thankful for the experiences I have had in the different schools, being around teachers and students from all over the world. One school I worked in, the majority of the students were Muslim or Hindu. What an incredible experience it was.

Next week I will be thinking of everyone as Thanksgiving approaches. I will save my "thank you's" until then, but just a little shout out to my family to say how much I love and appreciate them.

It's Wednesday, and we're halfway through! I hope you have a good rest of the week.

No comments:

Bruce, Meagan, and McLean