Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The 11th Day of the 11th Month




November 11th is a special day no matter where you are. In the States, it is Veteran's Day. Here in England it is Remembrance Day. It is a day to remember all those men and women who were killed during the two World Wars and conflicts.


Since the month of November started, the two things that have stood out the most, are Poppy's and fireworks. The fireworks are for Guy Fawkes Day or is also called Bonfire Day/Night or something like that. So that is a little bit of history for the week. :)
One thought that has been constant on my mind is: FAMILIES
I don't know about you, but my family means the world to me. Being away from them is really hard. They are a constant support and I am so thankful for all they do for me. I have my own little family as well, that consists of just Bruce and I. I am so thankful for an eternal companion, and a best friend. Then I have my ward family, and my friends, who are a bit of a family as well. I am so thankful for all of those people in my life. I am also so thankful that I know families can be together forever. The thought of not being able to be with my family or seeing them again is scary.
Sometimes I wish I could just let everyone know and believe that there is a way that we can be together again. For all of those who don't know about the gospel and the wonderful idea that families are forever.
November is flying by, and it's already almost half over. It's scary in a way how fast time is going by. I hope everyone has a fantastic week and take the time to enjoy each and every day.


No comments:

Bruce, Meagan, and McLean