Thursday, May 6, 2010

Grooming

It's an interesting title isn't it! It's also an interesting topic. Why is this on my mind you might ask. Well yesterday it was one of those days where I was kind of stuck in the house, and my baby Mac was taking a nice long nap, so i started watching some tv shows. They were quite the choices as well, and why I ended up watching them, I don't know, but in the long run, it really got me thinking.... ( Ok, so I was watching: The Hills, The City, Glee, and Oprah...Tivo is a wonderful thing :) )

Anyway, on Oprah it was 'makeover my man' day. Well one thing that stuck out was what Tim Gunn said. (love Tim Gunn by the way) He said something like "It doesn't matter how great your clothes are and how fabulous you look, if your grooming isn't up to par, then none of that matters. Grooming is SO important."

So a little bit of motivation lit up inside of me. And you are wondering what the hills, and the city have to do with this all. Well let me just say I HATE those shows. Really I do, but the one thing I did get out of it was that those girls really take care of themselves. They look good, their hair is always nice, they always wear makeup etc. Basically they take the time to look good (Ok, Ok, if I was on tv and had money etc, I would look that good too.) But the point is, it's not that hard. Since having McLean (and not being sick :) ) I have been a bit better. But I need some motivation. So now here's my motivation.

But if you think about it, you feel so much better when you are put together. Not to mention you like to be around people and are drawn to people who take care of themselves. So my goal is to take pride in myself! Why shouldn't I!? I think I am a pretty cool person, so I should show others that, and get off my lazy behind and take better care of myself! Ha! How's that for Thursday thougts! LOL.

No comments:

Bruce, Meagan, and McLean