Monday, March 1, 2010

Forgiveness


It's quite a deep subject actually, but it has really been on my mind.
Yesterday in church there was a talk on forgiveness in sacrament meeting.  It was so good. I even took notes.  It just made me think a lot about life and how my life is, and I just really needed to hear that talk!

Just some good points were that forgiveness isn't something that you just do...what I mean is that it has to come from within. You will know when you have been forgiven and when true forgiveness has happened.

This doesn't just relate to someone offending or hurting you.  You need to forgive. I need to forgive.
In the scripture Matt 5:44,45 is talks about this perfectly. I especially love verse 45 where it says "..For he maketh his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and the unjust."  That verse hit me because no matter what happens, the same thing is going to happen for those who are righteous and unrighteous.  We may think that it's not fair. But even though a person has wronged you, the sun is still going to rise and shine on them just as much as you.  It may seem unfair, but its just.  I know that when I am wronged or feel like I have been, I need to have faith and know that Heavenly Father is a just God.  The same goes to me when I have wronged someone else.  We aren't perfect. But we can work on it!!

I guess most of this rambling comes from me needing to learn to not worry, to not stress about the little and unimportant things.  To remember that I don't know all of the circumstances of an incident, and that I don't always really know what is going on with someone and to not be offended.  I think that is the big one.

The weather was beautiful and I hope it continues that way!  There is sunshine in my soul today!! :)

No comments:

Bruce, Meagan, and McLean