Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Back before the New Year

WE'RE BACK!

That is from South Africa. Wow how time flies. I can't believe that it is already New Year's Eve (Day) and that our three weeks in South Africa are already over.
We really had a great time. The sun was shining, we spent time with the family, and I even swam in the ocean. The Indian Ocean mind you. Now that is an accomplishment! :)
We had a very nice Christmas and hope that all of yours were wonderful as well.
I got to see my first Baboon (it was on the side of the road eating something) And I also got to see a pod of dolphons swimming in the ocean. I think that is pretty exciting!

So now that tomorrow is officially January, and it's the new year, the mind wanders to the old new year resolutions. I haven't put too much thought into it. I mean there's always the usual ones like "eat better," or "exercise more" but those should be a year round thing for me not just deciding once again to start over since January is here. Plus in the winter time it is really hard to do those things when it's cold, and dark at 4:00 in the afternoon....maybe around the end of February when spring is in the air, will I really get into those 'a month after new year's resolutions.'
Really what I am determined to focus on and make as my New Year's Resolution, is to be better.
Be better with my prayers, Be better with my scripture reading, Be a better person, Be an example, Be grateful, Be stronger, Be humble, Live Simply, and most of all Be Faithful.
The army didn't have a bad idea when they say "Be all that you can be." I want to be all that I can be. I do have potential, and in the end I want to be able to say that I have been all that I can be.
Just a little shout out to the family. We love you guys and miss you.
Most of all HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

2 comments:

Elise said...

Happy New Year! Your a great example to all of us, thanks meagan! I'm glad you guys had so much fun in South Africa, it was good to hear from you on the phone. Love you guys and miss you too!

Aubrey said...

Hi Meg! We missed you at the New Years party! I'm glad you guys got to go to So Africa, though. Glad you had a great time! Love ya!

Bruce, Meagan, and McLean